RICHARD KLINE ACTING WORKSHOP
||Producers Club Theaters
358 W 44th Street, NYC
FREE TO AUDIT!
This is an on-going class which will comprise the following:
- Comic and Dramatic scene study
- Monologues - classical, modern, comic, and dramatic
- On-camera mock auditions with sides taken from television programming
- Exercises to assist in personalizing material including short, original monologues based on an assigned topic written by the student
- NEW! Richard uses media outlets to film short plays and scenes for your acting reel. Details are available upon admission to workshop.
Two recent student scenes are available for viewing on YouTube here and here.
New students will bring a SHORT monologue - comic or dramatic - for evaluation.
RICHARD KLINE SITCOM WORKSHOP
||5 Consecutive Tuesdays
starting April 25, 2017
In this class the following topics are covered:
- General discussion of the demands of playing comic as opposed to dramatic material.
- Interactive participation with exercises designed to reinforce the techniques employed in performing comedic material such as: "set-up" "punch" "rhythm" & "timing"
- Group scenes to experience "ensemble" acting
- Assignment of short scenes taken from theater and television. Students are rehearsed by Mr. Kline and then their scenes are put on camera for review.
- A wrap-up discussion of the process of marketing, auditioning, performing in the professional setting.
Click here for more information!